This week we assigned to a new project to analysis their specialties in terms of vertical circulation. Also we are expected to create a detail models whic is express the important part of vertical elements.So that we should choose 3 project to create their detail models. Scale of model can be 1/5 or 1/10 and models have to introduce with only 2 different material.
PROJECT # vertical circulation
- Next Architects, Folly, Netherlands, 2013
- Drmm, Endless Stairs, London, 2013.
- Morphosis Architects, The Cooper Union, New York, 2006.
- IfatFinkelman + Deborah Warschawski , The Youth Wing for Art Education Entrance Courtyard, Israel, 2014.
- Enota, Promenada, Slovenia, 2014.
- Colectivo Urbano, CarpaOlivera, Mexico, 2015.
- Foreign Office Architects (FOA), Yokohama International Passenger Terminal , 2002.
- Oscar Niemeyer, Latin America Memorial, Brazil, 1989.
- BIG, Maritime Youth House, 2004.
- EAA, Sancaklar Mosque, İstanbul, 2014.
- Steven Holl Architects, Nanjing Sifang Art Museum, China, 2011
- Sou Fujimoto , 2013 Serpentine Gallery Pavilion , London, 2013.
- Li Xiaodong, Liyuan Library, Beijing, China, 2011.
- OMA, Maison a Bordeaux, France, 1998.
- Berthold Lubetkin, Penguin Pool, London, UK, 1934.
- Can Aker, Ayşen Savaş, Onur Yüncü, Erimtan Archaeology and Arts Museum, Ankara, 2015.
To understand the way of analysis of vertical circulation our teacher also give some additional reading as well.
TEXT# vertical circulation
- The Staircase, Architecture of Ascent, Thames & Hudson, United Kingdom, 2013. Stair and Ramp in Elements of Architecture, [floor, wall, ceiling, roof, door, window, façade, balcony, corridor, fireplace, toilet, stair, escalator, elevator, ramp], a series of 15 books accompanying the exhibition Elements of Architecture at the 14. International Architecture Exhibition, la Biennale di Venezia, Marsilio Press, 2014.